Search Gypsy Glamorous

Friday, November 12, 2010

Holiday Recipe Exchange

So I am so excited! This seems really cool. My friend Beth sent me this e-mail today:

Hi friends! Holidays are here and I'm sure we can all use some great new recipes! :) 
You are invited to be a part of a recipe exchange. Please send a recipe to the person whose name is in position 1 below (even if you don't know them). The recipe should be something quick, easy and without rare ingredients. Actually, the best one is the one you know in your head and can type right now. Don't agonize over it, it is the one you make when you are short of time. 
After you've sent your recipe to the person in position 1 below and ONLY TO THAT PERSON, copy this letter into a new email, move my name to the top and put your name in position 2. Only mine and your name should show when you send your email. Send to 20 friends BCC (blind copy). 
If you cannot do this within 5 days, let me know so it will be fair to those participating. You should receive 36 recipes. It's fun to see where they come from! Seldom does anyone drop out because we all need new ideas! 
The turnaround is fast, as there are only 2 names on the list you only have to do this once.

I love cooking and I love recipes! I am so excited to do an exchange! This is the recipe I sent:

(I hope my BFF Molly doesn't send a baked Feta recipe too because it is she who gave me the idea!)

Spicy Baked Feta with French Baguette

One block Feta (Greek, American, Persian, or French will all be fine) 
1/3 cup Olive Oil (EVOO or herbed flavour is fine too)
1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
Dried Oregano (Dried Basil or Italian Seasoning is fine too, whatever you have on hand)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt 
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat Oven to 350F
Place feta in oven safe dish, preferably a glass loaf pan with a lid.
Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle with all the seasoning.Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until feta is soft (check with a fork). Serve with baguette. 

Toasted French Bread
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Slice baguette at an angle and drizzle slices lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt.
Place slices on cookie sheet and place in oven with feta for 7-10 minutes until toasty.

Enjoy!
Sheri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I get so excited when people comment on my blog! Thank you for reading :) xoxoxo