Search Gypsy Glamorous

Monday, July 23, 2012

Yelawolf in Sydney

Yelawolf at the Metro Theatre in Sydney! What?


 Too bad for you if you just got excited because you think you are going to see Yelawolf perform at the Metro anytime soon...  it was March 31, 2012. I wish you could relive my experience with me. That would be so much fun.

So when tickets went on sale Saturday morning at 9 I had two computers up and my little hands ready to click click click and I got them pretty quick. Tickets were $52.00 each and I couldn't wait!

On the day of the concert we left Cronulla just after 12 because I wanted to get to the city and look for Yelawolf just in case he was walking around. And of course he wasn't, but a girl can dream. 

Anyway, we went to The Star Bar on George Street because we heard it was good and Jon wanted to watch the Cronulla game. Well the place sucked. Sucked real bad. No one was in there but we waited a few minutes until someone came out to take our drink orders. We asked them if they were playing the game and they said yes, but clearly they were dickheads. We walked upstairs to check it out and were not impressed with the bistro either, only because we wanted to watch the game and they couldn't accommodate. We left and went across to the Albion Place Hotel. It was just where Jon needed to be. They had screens everywhere playing different games. They even changed one of the tele's to the Sharks game because we and another small group of guys asked. We sat and watched the game for bit and had a few drinks then ordered DELICIOUS chicken schnitzel burgers and chips.

So like an hour before the show we went to line up at the door. I wanted a really good spot. 
The metro theatre has a big standing room floor and then towards the back they have sort of like standing level steps. We decided to stand in the first one closest to the bar which didn't really matter but I will get to that.

On one hand I was hoping no one knew who Yelawolf was and that it would not be crowded but on the other hand I wanted it to be sold out because he deserves it and it would be so much fun. If it wasn't sold out, it was pretty close because the place packed quickly, like real packed. 

The first act was Dj Victor Lopez, I am not sure if I liked his style. Well I did, but just as soon as I started to like what he was doing he changed it into something I wasn't too keen on. I wouldn't mind seeing him again though. Then The Havenotz played. I think they were Australian, they sounded like Australian Hip Hop. I wasn't too fuss, but I think it was mainly because I was so excited for Yelawolf. Then of course Briggs. He was pretty cool. 

And then, YELAWOLF!!!!


As soon as I heard the intro to Radioactive I looked at Jon and asked if he would care if I ran to the front. He laughed and said okay so that is just what I did. I worked my way through the crowd and a big guy let me in next to him. He was very nice.

I was bruised for days because I had to squeeze into the front row against the railing. The entire length of the show people were squishing me on both sides and pushing forward causing my ribs to hit against the railing but it was SO worth it!

The energy was thrilling and I loved it.

 Yelawolf opened with Daddy's Lambo! One of my old favorites.

 


 I got this video off YouTube, the picture quality isn't as good as a few others I found, but I like this one the best. 

  1. (Own Verse)
  2. (Verse from song by Travis Barker)
  3. Encore:
  4. Let’s Roll

      I was screaming every single word I knew to all the songs but my mouth and brain just do not work that fast! I don't know how he does it.

    I knew I had a great advantage for some pretty good pictures but I couldn't focus on stuff like that, not in the middle of my favorite concert! So I literally just had my arm out and clicked randomly. Out of like 100 pix, a few actually turned out not too bad. Not good, but not too bad.

    I love this one.

    "Yela and JD"

    I did what I could with iphoto, I will play around a little more with it. You get what you get at the moment.

    I wish I could remember what song this was!





    I saved the best for last. This is my favorite picture of the night:




Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Yay! I get so excited when people comment on my blog! Thank you for reading :) xoxoxo