Search Gypsy Glamorous

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Vegetable's in the fridge going bad?

Make a pesto pasta!



In the fridge I found zucchini, celery, cauliflower. In the pantry I found garlic and onions. In the cupboard I found canned spinach, chopped tomato, and green beans.





Among the spices I used are turmeric, chili powder, dried basil, and paprika. 




I marinated firm tofu with pepperoncini and then sauted for a few minutes before setting it aside. 

I cooked the vegetables down before mixing them with the pasta, tofu, and pesto. 



For the pesto I combined the following ingredients in my magic bullet mini blender
1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
1 cup fresh basil
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1 cup EVOO
2-3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup tarragon
salt/pepper

For the pasta I prepared whole wheat fusilli

It was deeelish!

4 comments:

  1. YUMMM Who is coming over for dinner tonight! It is me someone alright. Could not remember my ID??? Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri! I was feeling proud of myself for cooking a piece of chicken and some microwave broccoli & cheese last night. That is, until I read this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great and i was not eating so far today:) you make me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the glamorous comments. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I get so excited when people comment on my blog! Thank you for reading :) xoxoxo