Search Gypsy Glamorous

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WISC-y businuess

DAY 3
Saturday, March 20

I am very pleased with the progress thus far. I painted the trim with Killz in the classroom yesterday and Mike and Lisa painted the walls. When I got to the school this morning about 9 they were painting the trim in the pretty blue color! The reception area still needed one more coat of the gray paint but it already look fabulous!




I had Brian with me today to help prep the hair salon side with the primer. I had already sanded the swept the patches so all we had to do was paint. 

Brian had NEVER painted a wall before in his life so in the beginning it was a little tense trying to teach him to paint the wall and not the floor, but after about an hour he got the hang of it. 

About 2 o'clock Mike and Lisa left to grab some lunch but Brian and I stayed to finish the job. We were about to leave when we realized we had no way of locking up because Mike had the key! AND he also left his phone at the school. Brian and I were starving but continued to work on areas that needed our attention. 
About an hour and a half later Mike and Lisa came back and we went to Whole Foods for lunch. YUMMY. 
We both ordered sandwiches and they were delicious. We had to go to whole foods anyway to pick up a few things like fresh TUNA for our sushi we were making for dinner. Yep, thats right. Brian and I made sushi at home! So much fun. We are pretty much professional Sushi chefs now. This wasn't our first time. Last time we had Tuna and Shrimp (as well as cucumber, carrot, avocado, yummy spicy sauce, ginger, wasabi, soy sauce, sushi rice, and nori) This time we decided to change it up a bit, instead of the shrimp we had smoked salmon. YUMMY. And we also added sliced green apple into the mix. I had family friends in town from Houston that stayed with me at my house and they also joined us for dinner. We had YETI beer and Vino Verde wine to drink with the sushi. As an additional entree Brian and I made fried rice. We are so talented. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I get so excited when people comment on my blog! Thank you for reading :) xoxoxo